Re: Discrepancies in the W3C Schema docs?

----- Original Message From: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Pete Cordell writes:

>> I've always assumed that the lexical space is pre-normalization, but I
>> can't at the moment find anything that tells me this either way.

> In W3C XML Schema, all constraints are applied _after_ normalisation
> of white space.

Thanks for that.

Exploring further... If you made IDREFS an element's contents (not
recommended, but not disallowed), and you overrode the whitespace facet to
be preserve, thus allowing you to have multiple intervening whitespace after
validation, would/should the result still be interpreted as a valid IDREFS
(i.e. a list of IDREF values)?

Is so, IDREFS is not always defined as having only a single intervening
space char; correct?

Cheers,

Pete.
Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
for XML Schema to C++ data binding visit
 http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/