RE: Discrepancies in the W3C Schema docs?

From: Dan Maharry <dan@mcd.coop>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:09:21 +0100
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Cc: <mike@saxonica.com>

Hi Michael,

> I can't see your problem here. An NMTOKEN cannot be a zero-length
string
> because the XML 1.0 grammar rules it out, quite explicitly. And an
NMTOKENS
> cannot be a zero-length sequence of NMTOKEN values because the
adjective
> "non-zero-length" rules it out, again quite explicitly.

My point was that the NMTOKENS type *is* defined explicitly as
non-zero-length in the schema doc while the NMTOKEN type is not. As you
say, it is only defined as non-zero-length in the grammar rules in the
XML 1.0 spec and not in the schema docs which is my issue.

"Any property identified as a having a set, subset or *list* value may
have an empty value unless this is explicitly ruled out: this is not the
same as absent." Says the schema doc. I imply from that it must be ruled
out in the schema doc.

> for minor comments like these, the best approach is to enter a bug
report
> - one per problem - in the bugzilla database.

Where is the bugzilla database to do this?

Thanks,

Dan Maharry
http://www.mcd.coop

The Midcounties Co-operative is an innovative co-operative business, owned by its customers and staff in the 9 counties it spans. We trade in a
number of retail sectors including food, travel, funerals, motors, childcare, pharmacy, post offices and IT. We are proud to be a successful
co-operative, founded on co-operative values and principles that co-ops share throughout the world.

This e-mail is confidential and is for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the named recipient(s) please do not disseminate or copy this
e-mail, but please delete it and any copies from your computer. The Midcounties Co-operative has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that
any attachment to this e-mail has been checked for viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of
any such viruses and advise you to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. Furthermore, we do not accept responsibility for any
change made to this message after it was sent by the sender.

*** The Midcounties Co-operative works to protect our environment ***
*** Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to ***

This Message has been Scanned by SurfControl(c) Email Filter