Re: C/C++ XML Parser/Binder

Hi Scott,

Tsao, Scott <scott.tsao@boeing.com> writes:

> We are looking for C/C++ XML parsers that a project might use (instead
> of Java) to convert objects to XML and then XML to IDL (Orbix) in use
> with a consumer/provider application that converts data to XML as its
> canonical form.  The product should not just be a C++ parser but also a
> binder - binding the C++ objects and the XML representation.

For C++ data binding you may want to check out our CodeSynthesis XSD[1].
It is an open-source (GPL + proprietary license), cross-platform data
binding compiler for C++. We also have an embedded version called
XSD/e[2].

I am not sure what you mean by converting XML to IDL. We have plans to
provide an XML to CORBA IDL binding (i.e., the compiler will generate
an IDL mapping from XML Schema, similar to C++ mapping) and a C++
parsing and serialization code to move the XML data to/from IDL types.
Let me know if you would like more information on this.

[1] http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/

[2] http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsde/

Regards,
-Boris