RE: XML Schema validation doesnt throw some basic errors?

As I said before, I don't think any processor is going to give you more than
one error message in respect of the content of a single element. You say
that you want to see the message "Element1 is missing" and it seems to me
that the error message you get does say that, though perhaps it also gives
you extra information which you didn't want.

What happens if you have two elements in your document whose content is
wrong? for example:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<test:Root xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
           xmlns:test="http://www.my.com/test"
           xs:schemaLocation="http://www.my.com/test test.xsd">
        <Data>
                <Element3>value2</Element3>
        </Data>
        <Data>
                <Element4>value2</Element4>
        </Data>
</test:Root>

I would think that in this case it is reasonable to expect two errors to be
reported.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

  _____