XML Schema validation doesnt throw some basic errors?

From: MM <manoj_madhavan@freddiemac.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:09:07 -0800 (PST)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi,
I am using xerces to validate my xml against my schema. I noted that the
schema validation was missing the following 2 basic validations. Is this
something wrong with my code/schema or is this not possible?

1) If a complex type has 10 elements which are defined as mandatory in my
schema. In my xml instance
if I put only the 10th element, on validating this against the schema, I get
only 1 error saying that 'found {10th element} while expecting 9th element.
It doent say that the other 8 elements were missing. I've enabled
full-schema-checking. I want to collect all errors at one go and dont want
to get one error at a time. Is there a way to achieve this?
2) If i put a junk element which is not at all defined in the schema just
before closing my <root> tag, the schem validation doesnt catch this. For
eg: in the below xml
<root>
  <element_defined_in_schema_1>..</element_defined_in_schema_1>
  <element_not_defined_in_schema>junk</element_not_defined_in_schema>
</root>

schema validation doesnt throw an error saying that
"element_not_defined_in_schema" is not a valid one.

Thanks in advance..