Regarding XML schema validation (XSD)

From: merryla martina <merryla@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 10:57:42 +0530
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hi,

I tried to perform schema validation. The code works well. But when I tried
with the Sample txlife.xsd file from http://acord.org/ I got error in
associating the namespace with the xsd i.e. in the add () method. The add ()
method returned E_FALSE.

When I referred the MSDN library, it states that

"E_FAIL is returned if:

         The collection is read-only

         The document is not a recognized schema

         An error occurs when compiling the schema

         The ready state of the document is not 4. "

After referring MSDN library, I tried to catch the error description.

The error descriptions look like this

Undeclared XSD type: '{http://ACORD.org/Standards/Life/2} ACORD_TYPE_CODE'.

So I referred the txlife.xsd schema, I found that ACORD_TYPE_CODE was
referred but not defined. After that I tried to view the site
http://ACORD.org/Standards/Life/2 <http://acord.org/Standards/Life/2> for
the definition of

ACORD_TYPE_CODE.I found "page not found " error.

Here I can't understand why this error description, which is highted above,
comes, as this xsd file is a standard one.

The sample txlife.xsd file starts like this

<xsd: schema targetNamespace="http://ACORD.org/Standards/Life/2" xmlns="
http://ACORD.org/Standards/Life/2" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="unqualified"
attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="2.9.00">

 Thanks
Merryla