Re: Performance of schema validating in Xerces-C 2.7 on windows IA32 vs linux IA32

Hi Yongnian,

Le, Yongnian <yongnian.le@intel.com> writes:

> From our using experience, schema validating in Xerces-C version 2.7 has
> significantly better performance (single thread) on windows (server
> 2003) IA32 (4G MEM Woodcrest server) compared with Linux (RH-EL AS4)
> IA32 (4G MEM Woodcrest server). Do you have the same experience? If so,
> then why? That's quite interesting.

This is most likely off-topic on this list. Instead, I suggest that you
ask this question on the Xerces-C++ mailing lists[1].

Having said that, I think your problem is in configuration or test
setup. The XSDBench benchmark[2] indicates almost equal performance
on Windows vs GNU/Linux:

[1] http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/feedback.html
[2] http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsdbench/

hth,