Difference between xs:simpleType & xs:complexType

From: selvam <jps_cse@yahoo.co.in>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 03:44:28 -0700 (PDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi,
Can anyone help me in explaining the difference between the xs:simpleType &
xs:complexType?

I am bit confused with these two.

Please explain these two with the proper example.

When should we go for simpleType and when should we  go for xs:complexType?

Also explain about simplexContent and complexContent?

Thanks
Selvam