Re: Xml Schema profile

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:13:23 -0400
To: "Pete Cordell" <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>
Cc: paul.downey@bt.com, xmlschema-dev@w3c.org

Pete Cordell wrote:

> After all, you'd have to get rid of xs:choice if you followed the
> same logic, and to me, that is fundamental to XSD.

A few years ago when schemas was first being criticised by the databinding
community for having too many goofy features that were tough support, we
asked which features were problematic.  xsd:choice showed up on at least
one list, notwithstanding that DTDs have had the same capability for
years.  Now, schema does indeed have too many complex features that are
hard to map, in my opinion, but xsd:choice doesn't strike me as one of
them.  :-)  For the record, I haven't heard anyone in the databinding
community complaining about it lately.  Cheers!

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142