Re: One Schema Per Namespace [was Visibility modifiers for namedSchema components -- Schema 1.1 feature?]

One approach might be to formalize the schema locations mechanism: a simple
XML syntax for relating namespaces to concrete schemas, which might be part
of specifications or exchange agreements.

Right now schemaLocation is ad-hoc: in the instance, in the schemas, in
command-line parameters of the parsers.  Plus, what the schemaLocation
actually means is kind of nutty.  In Xerces, for example, the schema
locations passed into the parser are relative to the point from which some
schema first needs to access a given namespace; they're not from any kind
of well-known root directory.

...And the XLink schemas are especially fun, as the specification provides
a non-normative implementation which contains types not defined in the
specification!  (see http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink11/#sample-xsd-appx)

Webb

--
Webb Roberts (webb.roberts@gtri.gatech.edu)
Research Scientist, Georgia Tech Research Institute