Re: disallowed substitutions

I got the following answer internally:

The schema is correct --- there's no error in this schema,
and the instance is invalid, because it uses <Member1 />
when it's not allowed to substitute <Head />.

The reason why this element substitution is not allowed is
as follows:

=========
"Schema Component Constraint: Substitution Group OK
(Transitive)" 2.3 says for <Member1/> to substitute <Head/>,
the inheritance relationship between its types ("Type" and
"derivedFromType") must not intersect with  "Type"s {prohibited
substitution}, which is "block".

This "Substitution Group OK (Transitive)" rule is invoked from
"Validation Rule: Element Sequence Locally Valid (Particle)".
=========

But the author of the above response wisely adds that he would
not be surprised if he is wrong. "With the schema spec,
you just can't take anything for granted."

--
Eduardo Gutentag        |    e-mail: eduardo.gutentag@Sun.COM
Technology Director     |    Phone:  +1 510 550 4616 (internal x31442)