Re: Xml Schema profile

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:56:33 -0400
To: lists@jeffrafter.com
Cc: "'Michael Kay'" <mike@saxonica.com>, Paul Kiel <paul@hr-xml.org>, xmlschema-dev@w3c.org
Jeff Rafter writes:

> Actually, support for redefine is fairly surprising.

Hmm.  That can be read a few different ways.  Am I correct that you mean
"surprising" in the sense of:  "support for redefine is surprisingly
widespread and robust"?  Or did you perhaps mean "it's surprising that
anyone is even bothering"?   I hope the former.  While it's not my
personal favorite feature, because it is quite tricky to explain to users
and implementors, it certainly has great value in certain scenarios.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142