xsd:any processContents strict

From: Bryan Rasmussen <brs@itst.dk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:02:54 +0100
To: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hi,
Just want to check something is correct.

If I send an instance to a validator and it encounters content it does not
understand it is up to the processor if it defaults to validate strict, lax,
skip....
But if I have an xsd:any and set the processContents to be strict then the
processor must follow the strict validation model for everything that within
the element that can hold 'any', correct? Or is it just that the child
elements of the element that can hold any must be processed strict?

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen