Tagging the remainder of a body

From: Paul B. Monday <Paul.Monday@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:12:47 -0700
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

I'm trying to leave a "type" tag in a body that determines the latter
half of an XML instance.  I can't find a decent way to do this but am
thinking I'm tackling the problem wrong from the outset.  Basically, I
want to be able to enforce that if a type is "Event", the latter half of
the message has an event but if the type is "Contact", the latter half
of the message has contact information...like this:

<message>
    <type>Event</type>
    <event>
       <stuff></stuff>
    </event>
</message>

<message>
    <type>Contact</type>
    <contact-information>
       <address></address>
    </contact-information>
</message>

Am I approaching this wrong for XML?  Is there anyway to constrain the
following nodes like this?  selector, nor choice seem to allow this
linkage to occur...I'm not necessarily "new" to schema, but neither am I
"advanced" in schema...so apologies if this question seems naive...

Paul Monday
Sun Microsystems