Re: elements type attribute question

From: Sandy Gao <sandygao@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:45:46 -0500
To: "Natarajan Ravi" <Ravi.Natarajan@cfh.nhs.uk>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Short answer: not allowed.

Medium answer: why? How do you determine which type to use?

Long answer: declare a base type, and derive all your choice types from
that base. Use the base type in the element declaration. Use xsi:type in
your instance to indicate which type to use for validation.

Thanks,
Sandy Gao
XML Parser Development, IBM Canada
(1-905) 413-3255