Re: anonymous element

Hi,

You cannot do that in XML Schema. It does not work like that. Even if
you use xs:any, you do not define elements with it, you can use it only
to make a reference to other element definitions. The only thing that
defines an element and specifies its content is xs:element with a name
attribute.

What you want can be expressed with Relax NG as Relax NG allows to
specify the content for a whole class of elements or attributes, see
below a schema that does exactly what you asked for:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<grammar xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0">
     <start>
         <ref name="any"/>