RE: Restricting attribute content to not include a specific string

The ^ character can only be used in a context where a single character is
being matched, for example [^0-9] matches any character that isn't an ASCII
digit.

I'm willing to be corrected, but I think that this can't be done.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/