Re: Any element with specific attributes and children

Solmaz, Metin <Metin.Solmaz@solcorp.com> writes:

> ----------------------
> <xs:group name="myRootChild">
>     <xs:sequence>
>       <xs:any processContents="skip"/>
>     </xs:sequence>
> </xs:group>
> ----------------------
>
> I am unable to specify that the <any> element must contain certain
> specific attributes (attr1 and attr2) and certain children (Specific).
> Is this possible at all in XML Schema?

xs:any means "any element" so there is no way to do what you want inside
xs:any. You can write something like this, however:

<xs:group name="myRootChild">
  <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element name="specific-element-1" ... />
    <xs:any processContents="skip"/>
  </xs:sequence>
  <xs:attribute name="specific-attribute-1" ... />
</xs:group>

hth,
-boris