SV: SV: SV: strict validation of any ##other namespace

From: Bryan Rasmussen <brs@itst.dk>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:01:49 +0200
To: 'Kasimier Buchcik' <K.Buchcik@4commerce.de>
Cc: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hi

>> The question then is what LibXML2's response is if the instance document
>> does not have a namespace matching the schema targetNamespace. One could
>> create a schema, programmatically, with a targetNamespace not in the
>> instance document and import the other namespaces in.

>I assume you are referring to your example here, where we have a strict
>element-wildcard, which hits an element information item in a namespace
>not currently imported.

No, I was thinking that there would be a schema

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<schema
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
<import namespace="http://test.com" schemaLocation="schema1.xsd"/>
<import namespace="http://test.org" schemaLocation="schema2.xsd"/>

</schema>

and there would not be anything in the empty namespace.

Would libxml2 support this? I've found that .Net and XSV support it, but
msxml does not, and as I understand it XMLSPY won't either.

Cheers
Bryan Rasmussen