SV: strict validation of any ##other namespace

From: Bryan Rasmussen <brs@itst.dk>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:14:53 +0200
To: 'Kasimier Buchcik' <K.Buchcik@4commerce.de>
Cc: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

>Do you already know that you could set the
>xsi:schemaLocation="http://test.com test2.xsd" attribute
>on the <b2:a2> element and set the
>xsi:schemaLocation="http://test.org test1.xsd" attribute
>on the document element in your instance?

yes. I don't want to use xsi-acquisition to do the validation. As noted in
the earlier email, I can validate it as in the example. I want to validate
without using any xsi-acquisition. I can do so with the processors/API's I
am familiar with. Is there any processor/API which the only way to handle
this problem is via xsi-acquisition?

>I'm not familiar with other schema APIs than the one of Libxml2, but I'm
>pretty sure that validation _without_ the use of xsi-driven schema
>acquisition can be seen as a basic requirement for schema processors;
Yes, and in my experience it is present in all processors for libraries of
schemas, i.e. schemas that are not connected together via includes/imports
but can be built up as a set, i.e. the same model as xsi-acquisition but
done programmatically. I am wondering if anybody knows of processors where
it cannot be done programmatically.