SV: Schema help

From: Bryan Rasmussen <brs@itst.dk>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:52:18 +0100
To: 'Pete Cordell' <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>
Cc: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

>Yes, this has come up a number of times recently, but I personally didn't
>find the solutions particularly appealing!

>Maybe people that want to do this sort of thing should consider
>their data so that it works to XSD's strengths.
I found this amusing in a twisted way, it struck me that working to XSD's
strengths was synonymous with producing particularly ugly XML.

>    <!-- common task elements here -->
>    <taskType1>
>        <!-- Task 1 things -->
>    </taskType1>

>    <!-- common task elements here -->
>    <taskType2>
>        <!-- Task 1 things -->
>    </taskType2>

I'm sorry but are you suggesting that task has a choice of taskType1
taskType2 and so forth? Sometimes I think the worse thing that was ever put
in the xml spec was that thing about verbosity not being a problem.

Of course I've been ranting this for years (the anti xml schema stuff), they
called me mad at the academy, etc. etc.

Bryan Rasmussen