RE: Alternative to <choice>?

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 15:06:01 +0100
To: <antony@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

> I want to specify a choice list without actually using the <choice>
element, i.e., a list from which exactly one of the elements must be
present. Could someone please tell me how this can be done?

<sequence>
   <element minOccurs='0' ....
   <element minOccurs='0' ....
</sequence>

might be your best bet.

> PS: The reason I want to avoid the <choice> element is that the gSoap
> compiler seemingly cannot encode it properly.

it's not just gSoap that's unable to handle the simplest of schema
constructs .. binding is a bind :-/