Date validation problem in XSV and related question

From: spin0785 <spin0785@tiscali.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:47:20 +0200
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hello,

I am getting a validator crash in XSV when checking the following instance:

<date>2005-01-01-02:00</date>

with the following schema:

<xs:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
 <xs:element name="date" type="date"/>
 <xs:simpleType name="date">
  <xs:restriction base="xs:date">
   <xs:minInclusive value="2005-01-01"/>
  </xs:restriction>
 </xs:simpleType>
</xs:schema>

Besides this problem I have a question:

According to the W3C spec the dates are compared but since one of them
has no timezone then it is not possible to determinate if the date in
the instance is chronologically equal or greater.

My question is, what must a validating parser do? generate an error or
not?

We are using Xerces and no validation error is raised when the instance is for example:

<date>2005-01-01+02:00</date>

I am sending this message from a general account so any replies please sent to d.valera@home.nl

Thanks for any replies on this issue.

greetings,