Mutual import

From: Lev Pliner <pliner@sky.ru>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:42:54 +0600
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Dear mail group members.

I eventually found that no xml schema validators available to me (including
xmlspy, visual studio and online validators) let two xml schemas to import
each other mutually. (The validator on w3.org crushes with it.)

Trying to look into the problem, I found the topic
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlschema-dev/2001Jun/0172.html in which
it is stated that mutual importing is allowed.

So, is it allowed for schemas A for namespace AA and B for namespace BB to
import each other mutually in the following maner?

A.xsd:
<xs:schema targetNamespace="AA" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<xs:import namespace="BB" schemaLocation="B.xsd"/>

B.xsd:
<xs:schema targetNamespace="BB" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<xs:import namespace="AA" schemaLocation="A.xsd"/>