Re: Open-source Xml Validators

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:58:45 -0500
To: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson)
Cc: Sharon Krisher <sharonkr@netvision.net.il>, xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Sharon Krisher <sharonkr@netvision.net.il> writes:

> I'm looking for an open-source xml validator that fully supports xml
> schemas (including key and keyref constraints) and is easy to
> extend. I'm especially interested in validators written in C#.

Both Java and C versions of Xerces are available as open source from the
Apace Software Foundation.   See: xml.apache.org.   I do understand this
won't help directly with C#, but you implied you might have interest in
other languages as well.  I have no idea whether either version has been
run as managed code in .Net, or what would be involved in doing so.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142