Re: Open-source Xml Validators

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:58:45 -0500
To: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson)
Cc: Sharon Krisher <sharonkr@netvision.net.il>, xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Sharon Krisher <sharonkr@netvision.net.il> writes:

> I'm looking for an open-source xml validator that fully supports xml
> schemas (including key and keyref constraints) and is easy to
> extend. I'm especially interested in validators written in C#.

Both Java and C versions of Xerces are available as open source from the
Apace Software Foundation.   See: xml.apache.org.   I do understand this
won't help directly with C#, but you implied you might have interest in
other languages as well.  I have no idea whether either version has been
run as managed code in .Net, or what would be involved in doing so.

Noah

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street