RE: extending validation

You could try generating a schema with the required values, but I'm not sure
why you would want to. There is always going to be some application-level
logic (including error checking) that you can't put in the schema. Why not
put the data through a stylesheet after putting it through the schema?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/