Re: normalized enumeration facet values

Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> Kasimier Buchcik <kbuchcik@4commerce.de> writes:
>

>>I stumbled over a difference between XSV 2.7 and Xerces-J 2.6.2, related
>>to whitespace handling of enumeration facet values. XSV seems not to use
>>the normalized value of the facet in this case, while Xerces does.
>

> That's a bug -- I'm embarassed I wasn't detecting that in my testing :-(
>
> Will be fixed in next release.

Hmm, if this is a bug, I'd still like to know why, since the type of the
facet's value is anySimpleType:

<enumeration
   id = ID
   value = anySimpleType
   {any attributes with non-schema namespace . . .}>
   Content: (annotation?)
</enumeration>

So can someone point me to the place in the spec, that explains why
Xerces does normalize the facet's value according to the base type
definition? I can only find the statement that the value of the facet
needs to be valid against the base type, not that it actually _is_ of
that type.

Regards,

Kasimier