Re: regular expressions in xml schema

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:42:08 +0000
To: Bryan Rasmussen <brs@itst.dk>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

I can't immediately see why your regexp doesn't match, _but_ pleasee
note that as made clear in XSV's home page [1] XSV implements only a
very simple subset of XML Schema's regexp language, and treats any
pattern it doesn't cover as  _accepting everything_.

Having said that, your pattern falls within the subset XSV thinks it
can handle, and I _think_ it's correct in accepting "hello@world.com".

perl agrees, when I type it in by hand . . .

ht

[1] http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html
                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk