Re: Use of key/keyref - any best practices? warnings?

Thanks Jeff:

Seems you are right.  I was convinced I had tried both variants to no avail
but this time @my:clientId worked fine.

my:@clientId on the other hand produced the same error messages I had seen
before informing me that this was "invalid in the context of the subset of
xpath supported by xml schema" or "an invalid restricted xpath expression".
I was obviously reading too much into these messages when they were in fact
just polite forms of "What the.....?".

Cheers Jack

>From: Jeff Rafter <lists@jeffrafter.com>
>To: Jack Lindsey <tuquenukem@hotmail.com>
>CC: mike@saxonica.com,  nwh@aber.ac.uk,  xmlschema-dev@w3.org
>Subject: Re: Use of key/keyref - any best practices? warnings?
>Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:37:28 -0700
>

>>But this is not:
>>
>>         <xs:key name="KeyClientById">
>>             <xs:selector xpath="my:Clients/my:Client"/>
>>             <xs:field xpath="my:@clientId"/>
>>         </xs:key>
>
>Haven't tested it, but shouldn't that be:
>
>           <xs:field xpath="@my:clientId"/>
>
>BTW, which validator were you using to test this? I would like to try it
>when I run my tests (when I get a chance).
>
>Cheers,
>Jeff Rafter

SmartScreen Technology.
first two months FREE*.