Re: chairs' summary of XML Schema User Experiences workshop

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 16:16, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> ... I'm surprized there wasn't much more minuted about the Test
> Suite discussion, was the interest really low, or just that the
> right persons to discuss it were not in the room ?

I was surprised too; I don't think, though, that the interest was
low in itself, so much as that those attending were even more
interested in other topics that arose.

> I strongly support ... finishing the 1.0 work first, by
> publishing erratas and fixing the issues in the Test Suite, and
> only once done invest time and workforces into producing a new
> version of the specification.

Don't forget that the WG has in fact published quite a number of
errata, all integrated into 1.0 Second Edition.  It's true that
for the last year or so we have focused more on 1.1 than on
errata and the test suite; the input from the workshop provides
an argument for changing that emphasis a bit.

On the other hand, there are some errors in 1.0 which cannot be
fixed by errata; until 1.1 is done, those errors won't be fixed.

-C. M. Sperberg-McQueen