Re: Use of key/keyref - any best practices? warnings?

From: Jeff Rafter <lists@jeffrafter.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:25:59 -0700
To: Nigel Hardy <nwh@aber.ac.uk>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

 > This is a pain and feels wrong when you have to do it - though the need
 > for it is obvious on reflection. The XPath steps do need prefixing. An
 > issue with this is that you will get the schema parsed and the
 > constraints you want will (silently) not be imposed if you forget the
 > prefixes.

Agreed. Except that I think it feels wrong because nothing else in the
spec works this way. QNames are already present in other locations, why
does the default namespace not apply to the XPath steps in content? No
don't answer that... I know I know... it's just that it *should* work :)

All the best,
Jeff Rafter