Custom discriminators

From: Gregor Zeitlinger <gregor.zeitlinger@torexretail.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:07:20 +0100
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hi,

I've seen that you can use xsi:type to define discriminators in XML Schema instance documents.
I was wondering if it is possible to define custom discriminators.

Why do I need that?
The XML language was not designed with XSD verification in mind.
So I have type="(date|time)". If type="date" there are addional attributes available.

In another situation, there is an element with two discriminator attributes:
type="(|password)" and multiline="(true|false)".
I want to assign four different Schema types based on the combinations of those attributes.
Is that possible?

Gregor