Re: Identity-constraints, attributes and lax/skip wildcards

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 10:34 +0100, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> Kasimier Buchcik writes:
>
> > As I currently read the spec, evaluation of IDCs to attributes is not
> > allowed, if such attributes fall under "skip" wildcards or "lax"
> > wildcards with no existent attribute declaration.
>
> Disagree slightly -- the latter case (lax but not decl found) is
> precisely when the fallback to anySimpleType makes sense.

Yes, and it would reflect the behaviour of elements; but there's
no fallback defines as for elements:

"If the item cannot be ·strictly assessed·, because neither clause 1.1
nor clause 1.2 above are satisfied, [Definition:]  an element
information item's schema validity may be laxly assessed if its
·context-determined declaration· is not skip by ·validating· with
respect to the ·ur-type definition· as per Element Locally Valid (Type)

As by now, lax assessment is not allowed by the spec.

Kasimier