RE: [Bug report] XSV Restriction Error

Thanks for your tolerance Henry, your help has been invaluable.

HST wrote:

> Why not?  Restricting top-level with local is allowed.

DOH! forgot :(  I also didn't realise that you could use form="qualified" in
case you set elementFormDefault="unqualified" (which I stopped doing because
it looks messy).

> Make what it says at the beginning of the 1.0 REC actually true :-).
>
>   "Members of a type, A, whose definition is a *restriction* of the
>    definition of another type, B, are always members of type B as
>    well."
>
> That invariant in turn makes processing schema-validated
> material to make important assumptions based on the types
> assigned to items in the infoset.

I think I get that now - you replace <any ...> with a <choice...> that
includes all known elements in the specified namespace(s).  That's just a
simplification to my mind, although not an unpalatable one, like you say it
allows for some assumptions.  Sounds good to me.

Cheers,
Martin