Re: The dubious XML schema test collection

Folks,

Daniel is, to me, the boy in the tale of the Emperor's Cloths. I always had an
inferiority complex because I thought that I was too stupid to understand the
Swahili text of the XML Schema Recommendations (including Part 0), but now I am
relieved.

The only way I managed to understand the intricacies of XML Schema somewhat was
by try-and-error using Spy. I sincerely hope that the Spy-people did understand
the Recommendations!

This doesn't mean that I have no respect for the daunting task to put together
such a Recommendation, or for the way this task has been executed. I just wished
they had written it in English, rather than in Computereese.

If at any time the Recommendations will be rewritten, please add, as a minimum,
a glossary with understandable definitions and examples. My definition of
definition is that it conveys the information clearly, concisely, unambiguously,
and in language that is itself transparent. *)

Regards,
Hans

*) courtesy www.askoxford.com