RE: Getting Namespaces into a Transform

From: Jim Stanley <JimS@Media-Services.Com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:08:30 -0800
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

>If you put exactly that in your stylesheet, then you should get exactly
that
>in your result tree.

My first thought was, "Wow, am I stupid for missing the obvious!"
(This is undoubtedly still true.)  But when I looked at the transform
file I'm still mystified.

I'm putting in all the elements programatically:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>
<xsl:template match="root">
	<xsl:element name="root">
		<xsl:attribute name="pageSizeUnits"><xsl:value-of
select="@pageSizeUnits"/></xsl:attribute>
		<xsl:attribute name="dayBreakPosition"><xsl:value-of
select="@dayBreakPosition"/></xsl:attribute>

So there are several attributes to the root besides the namespace
declaration.   Since I declare the root element programatically, what do
I need to do to stick literals in there?

Thanks again for putting up with the inexperience.

Jim Stanley
Media Services, Inc.