Re: "RE: Including schemata with duplicate referents"'

Kasmier Buchchik writes:

>> The machanism seems not to have been changed in the draft.

Yes. Unfortunately, the version of structures that went out with the last
working draft has little more than a roadmap of areas on which we are
working.  There has in fact been a lot of very detailed work in the
Schemas WG on the right way to clarify the whole "composition" story, but
as of the last working draft we didn't have consensus on which approaches
we wanted to try moving ahead.   Whether something substantive will make
the next working draft, I am not sure, but I hope so.  I can tell you that
the we are looking at more than cosmetic changes to the recommendations:
while we have several approaches on the table, all of them deal in fairly
rigorous manner with the mappings from schema documents to components, the
areas in which processors do or don't have lattitude, the issues that
arise when the same documents are included or redefined from multiple
processed schema documents, etc.  So, we haven't quite turned the corner,
but there is some reason to hope that the design we intended to set out in
Schema 1.0 will be made clearer in schema 1.1.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142