Re: "RE: Including schemata with duplicate referents"'

Hi,

Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
[...]
> Michael Kay wrote:
>> The thing I find exasperating about all this is that behind all the
>> formal
>> language in this spec, some basic concepts are very poorly defined.

> I would really, really like to see the name and target
> namespace to be the factor of destinction, nothing else.
[...]

Although this has nothing to do with the current spec: a <schema> could
have an additional attribute with a global unique identifier; thus the
identity of documents could be achieved simply by comparing this GUID.
So we really would have a triplet to be used for indentity checks: the
name, the target namespace and a per <schema> GUID.

Hmm, is the draft (if it's already a draft) for XML Schema 1.1 available
somewhere? I really wonder what H. Thompson & Co. will come up with,
regarding includes.

Kasimier