Question about xs:anyAttribute and xs:any

From: David Kruppke <kruppke@gefeg.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:04:08 +0100
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Dear All,

I have a question concerning restrictions of xs:any and  xs:anyAttribute.

If I understand the rules right then it is possible to have more than one
attribute in the inherit type that matches the namespace requirements of one
xs:anyAttribute in the base type.

Am I right?

But as I understand it is different for xs:any. I interpret the rules so
that I can only replace the xs:any with one xs:element. If I want to have
more than one I have to replace the xs:any with xs:sequence, xs:choice or
xs:all.

Am I right?

If I try to check these conditions using the newest XERCES, it allows me to
replace one xs:any with more than one elements (depending on minOccurs and
maxOccurs).

Any comments appreciated.

Many thanks

David