Re: can not use the XSV because of encoding

Yulia Senina <yul221@yandex.ru> writes:

> Hello xmlschema-dev,
>
>   How can i use XSV with other encodings?
>
>   I use xml documents with header:
>   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1251" ?>

> Error: Unknown declared encoding windows-1251
>  in unnamed entity at line 1 char 44 of file:///C:/file.xml

Sorry about that, I only package the common encodings (utf8,
iso-8859-1) with the binary distributions.  If you install from
source, you'll get a full range of encodings supported, including
cp1251.

Or just transcode, using an XSLT processor that supports 1252 such as
(I presume) MSXSL.

Transcoding is probably a good idea, I don't think you'll find many
XML parsers which support windows-1251 == cp1251.

                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk