X3D schema validation problem

From: Helka Folch <hfolch@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:45:21 +0200
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi,
I'm having problems validating X3D scenes with respect to the X3D schema
(http://www.web3d.org/x3d/specifications/schema.html).

With the schema validator included in the evaluation version of Saxonica
(http://www.saxonica.com/), I get the following error when checking the
X3D schema :

 Cannot specify 'minOccurs' on a 'choice' compositor within a group
  Cannot specify 'maxOccurs' on a 'choice' compositor within a group

The problem seems to concern a 'choice' in a group element  that has
minOccurs and maxOccurs attributes.
It is the following structure in the X3D schema that seems to cause the
error:

    <xsd:group name="TextureBackgroundChildContentModel">
        <xsd:annotation>
            <xsd:appinfo/>
            <xsd:documentation>Child-node content model corresponding to
TextureBackground.  Can contain up to six Texture nodes (ImageTexture,
MovieTexture, MultiTexture or PixelTexture).  Each child texture must
have a different containerField for topTexture, bottomTexture,
leftTexture, rightTexture, frontTexture and backTexture.</xsd:documentation>
        </xsd:annotation>
        <xsd:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="6">
            <xsd:element ref="ImageTexture"/>
            <xsd:element ref="MovieTexture"/>
            <xsd:element ref="MultiTexture"/>
            <xsd:element ref="PixelTexture"/>
        </xsd:choice>
    </xsd:group>

I thought that minOccurs and maxOccurs attributs were allowed on choice
elements, or is that not so? Is it an error in the X3D schema?
What schema validator do you recommend me to use for validating X3D?

Many thanks,

Helka Folch