RE: Problem with types derived from mixed complex types

Michael,

You were right.  Thanks for your help.  One last question.  How do you use
Xerces to validate schemas?  Is there a simple code snippet you could
provide?

Thanks,

Tait

"Michael Kay" <mhk@mhk.me.uk>
06/04/2004 03:37 PM

Tait E Larson/Burlingame/IBM@IBMUS
cc
<xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Subject
RE: Problem with types derived from mixed complex types

No, it's complex.

This is covered by rule 2 in section 3.4.3:

2 If the <simpleContent> alternative is chosen, all of the following must
be
true:
2.1 The type definition ·resolved· to by the ·actual value· of the base
[attribute] must be one of the following:
2.1.2 only if the <restriction> alternative is also chosen, a complex type
definition whose {content type} is mixed and a particle which is
·emptiable·, as defined in Particle Emptiable (§3.9.6);
2.2 If clause 2.1.2 above is satisfied, then there must be a <simpleType>
among the [children] of <restriction>.

This validates OK in Xerces.

Michael Kay