Re: Schema limits and ordering

From: Stuart Gilbert <Stu@Better.Domain.Name>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 05:03:23 -0700
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Dean Hiller wrote:

>I personally like unordered.  For the xml to object tools, it more closely
>matches a one to one relationship.  Notice, the set methods on objects or
>beans don't need to be set in any particular order.  Of course this is only
>one use case, and I know of others where I prefer to have order.  It is
>something that would be nice to be optional.
>thanks,
>dean

I'd like to keep the elements unordered, but I also want to write the
validation with a Schema. Since this Schema will only be used to
validate documents, and order won't matter in the document normally I
could probably perform some kind of XSLT on the document before I
validate it with the schema, that way I can ensure the elements are in
an order that the Schema is expecting.

Not really ideal, but possibly the easiest way I can think of to do what
I want to do.