RE: Schema limits and ordering

From: Michael Kay <mhk@mhk.me.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 22:04:39 +0100
To: "'Henry S. Thompson'" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>, "'Stuart Gilbert'" <Stu@Better.Domain.Name>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

> If order doesn't matter, pick an order and enforce it.
>
> Both human authors and machines have no trouble with such discipline,
> _and_ it makes the resulting documents easier to read.

Hmmm: I'm ALWAYS making mistakes with entering data against a schema that
arbitrarily requires date before author, when somehow author before date
seems more natural. (And yes, I do use tools that prompt me, but I can never
remember to stop typing and wait for the prompt).

I know why the technology has this restriction, but I think trying to
promote it as a benefit is stretching a point!

Michael Kay