Re: Validators for modularized family of XML Schemas

From: George Cristian Bina <george@sync.ro>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:10:35 +0300
To: "Hirtle, David" <David.Hirtle@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
Cc: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

 > SQC returns a java.lang.NullPointerException and the following error
 > messages (the whole thing is appended below):
 >
 > ERROR
 > SEVERITY: 2
 > ERROR TYPE: 1
 > MESSAGE
 > unknown exception in Xerces
 > ERROR
 >  file = file:C:/RuleML/0.86/xsd/urdatalog.xsd line -1 column -1
 > SEVERITY: 1
 > ERROR TYPE: 1
 > MESSAGE
 > null

Xerces adds fixes and improvements on the XML Schema validation with
each release. If SQC does not use Xerces 2.6.2 you may wish to try that
or try to get SQC to use it.

Also the new release of Saxon has an XML Schema validator, I guess you
should include also that in your schema checking processors.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
<oXygen/> XML Editor & XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com