XML Validator with XML SCHEMA

From: Ferrari GIanni <Ferrari.gi@apss.tn.it>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:04:29 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Goodmorning,

I'm making a Java parser, and I would like to take as input a XML Schema.
I'm using Xerces 2.6.0 and I read that this tool can use XML Schema. I Tried
to write a java tool and I found out that my program works with DTD very
good, but I don't know like to use with an XML Schema. What differents codes
or .jar I have to use? Which features about xerces I have to introduct in my
program?

With DTD I wrote:

      parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema",
true);

And with XML Schema I wrote

      parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema",
true);

The problem is that with the second code, my program use DTD always. Why?

Please write me soon, I hope you know a solution.

Thank you.

     Gianni