Re: the complex type definition itself

"Michael Kay" <mhk@mhk.me.uk> writes:

> In "Schema Component Constraint: Derivation Valid (Extension)" section
> 1.4.1 (and in the 1.4.2 introduced by erratum E1-5, the phrase appears:
>
> "the {content type} of the complex type definition itself"
>
> What exactly does this mean? Is the "itself" trying to indicate that
> we're talking here about the value that the {content type} property
> would have if the type were not derived by extension, rather than about
> the true {content type} property of the type?

No, in both cases it means the {content type} of the derived type
definition.  The two possibilities covered by these two alternative
clauses are that it is empty, derived from empty, or that it's a
simple type definition, derived from the same simple type definition.

                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk