Re: complexType : extension of a sequence by a choice ?

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:38:10 +0000
To: "Bruno Chatel" <bcha@chadocs.net>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

"Bruno Chatel" <bcha@chadocs.net> writes:

> All examples I found on extension on a complexType are done by
> appending one (or more) elements to  a sequence content model
> (by a sequence in xs:extension).

> Nevertheless, the schema (example of the previous message) is
> validate by XSV.

As your other reply said, the result of an extension is always a
sequence of the extended model followed by the extending model.  This
is in principle a _new_ sequence, not a change to an old one, although
the REC does make some attempt to avoid pointless nesting of sequences
within sequences.

                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk