RE: Restricting child elements in a schema

You can define one complex type as a restriction of another, for example

 <xs:complexType name="IndivNameType" mixed="true">
   <xs:element name="NamePart" type="xs:string"/>
   <xs:element name="IndNameVariation" type="xs:string"/>
  </xs:choice>
  <xs:attribute name="Type" type="xs:string"/>
  <xs:attribute name="Method" type="xs:string"/>
 </xs:complexType>

 <xs:complexType name="IndivNameVariationType" mixed="true">
     <xs:complexContent>
        <xs:restriction base="IndivNameType">
           <xs:element name="NamePart" type="xs:string"/>
          </xs:choice>
      </xs:restriction>
  </xs:complexContent>
 </xs:complexType>

Where exactly are you having problems?

You can't restrict and extend at the same time: you have to do this in two
steps.

Michael Kay

  _____