dynamic enumeration definition

From: Shashikala Shamarao <shashikala_shamarao@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:02:22 -0700 (PDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hi All,

I have a very strange problem regarding enumerations. I have 2 fields which have enumeration values associated with them. But the problem is based on first field's value, the second fields enumeration changes,

for example let us say I have 2 fields like below with their overall enumerations

field1 - road - {Pedestrain, Cycle Way, Bus-Taxi}
field2 - carriage - {Single Carriage, Dual Carriage, Single track}

if field1 is associated with a value of Cycle field2 can have only {Single Track and Dual Carriage}
but if field2 is associated with Bus-Taxi, field can have all of the valid values.

How do I represent such filtered enumerations using XML Schema?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shashi